CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hyrule World Map Explained

Since I'm writing a story that takes place in the Ocarina of Time world, I'm trying to stay as true to the "map" of the game as I can. The world I'm trying to describe, however, is much larger than that of the game so I drew this map to help sort things out. I like to think of Principatus' Hyrule as being a more expansive version of Ocarina of Time with a dash of Twilight Princess.

I figure Hyrule has a pretty sophisticated governing system for the quasi-medieval-ness of it all, so I took the concept of having four provinces from Twilight Princess (I even kept the names) and applied it the the terrain of Ocarina of Time. The only big changes I made to the OoT map (besides adding more settlements) was to move Lon Lon Ranch of being smack dab in the middle of Hyrule Field off to the side near the farming village of Ashleigh and add Gerudo Mesa- the boarder between Hyrule and Ten'al-Taria. In case you can't read my handwriting, here's a breakdown of what each province contains...

1. Faron Province: like Twilight Princess it's the southern most province. It encompasses the villages of Ordon and Ashleigh with Ordon being the larger of the two (And where the Duke and Duchess live), as well as the Lost Woods (Kokiri Village, Sacred Forest Meadow)

2. Eldin Province: also like Twilight Princess houses Death Mountain and Kakariko Village, but because I wanted to keep everything in it's general OoT location, Hyrule Castle and Castle Town are in Eldin instead of Lanayru (Lanayru has enough as it is)

3. Lanayru Province: Zora's River (Domain, Fountain), Village of Euell, Kenton (military town), Remington, and Lake Hylia, the largest of the four provinces, encompasses the river which is controlled by the Zora

4. Gerudo Province: pretty striaght forward- Gerudo Valley, Gerudo Fortress, Haunted Wasteland, Desert Collossus, Gerudo Mesa 

I think next I'll do a post about how I set up the court/ government system of Hyrule...

No comments:

Post a Comment